Subscribe:

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lilymoon


Artist : Stavri Kyprou (lilymoon)
Country : Cyprus
Blog : http://lilymoonhome.blogspot.com/
Shop : Etsy
Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm 34 years old, I was born in London and came to live in Cyprus when I was a little girl. I think I decided on becoming an artist when my brother gave me a package of coloured pencils when I was about four. I've been drawing ever since..

What is art for you?
Art is my second language. I hope to tell stories and express my self through it.

Do you also collect other artist's work? Who is your favourite?
I have loads of favourites, especially artists on Etsy. Two of my favourite fellow Etsians are Art and Ghosts and Irene Schwartz. I love browsing on Etsy, it's always inspiring to look at other artist's work.


Other than creating art, what do you usually do for fun/relax?
I write quite a bit, read, take my beloved partner in crime - my dog Nefeli for walks and keep a visual journal, collecting experiences and details from every day life and my make believe stories.

How is life in Cyprus? Can you brief us a little about your daily schedule?
My schedule isn't very exciting i'm afraid: I spend most of my day in my studio, either painting or packaging things to be sent out to customers. I do get caught up in the packaging thing quite a bit as I like everything to be prettily packaged and add little surprises to every parcel. Three things I especially like about Cyprus is firstly the light - I've been to many countries and have never seen light quite like it, secondly spring time is totally beautiful, everywhere you go the scent of lemon and orange blossoms follow you and thirdly Easter, which is celebrated in a very special way here. Things I'm not too fond of are the scorching sun in August and the very high temperatures... But the cool summer nights make up for that!

How is the art/craft market in Cyprus?
I think the arts and crafts movement that's been growing slowly and steadily in the USA and Europe is slowly catching on here too...Most of my friends are artists and it's so good to see them being able to make a living doing what they love most.


Are you a full time artist?
Yes, I am. And I feel extremely lucky and blessed for that.

What or who inspire you?
I get inspired by all sorts of things. Colour for one, observing nature, my books (that are slowly overtaking my house), emotions and last but not least the stories I make up and write.

Is there any grand plan for yourself within the next few years?
My hope is that I'll be able to continue doing what i am doing now - and maybe get some of my illustrated stories published.

0 comments:

Post a Comment